Monday, January 13, 2014

Hubba Bubba - Radiant Orchid

I am not going to lie -- when Emerald was chosen as the color of the year last year, I did an insane happy dance. No really - imagine being a red-head who's hair color runs so deep there really is no way to hide it.

No matter what industrial hair coloring you want to mention -- trust me, I've tried it.  I even went platinum once -- and my hair turned out the color of the year for 2012, Tangerine Tango.

In fact -- the last time there was a color my skin and hair could truly pull off was 2010 -- and I just wasn't a big fan of turquoise.

So along comes Emerald Green -- plays off my hair perfectly, plus adds a little sparkle to my already green eyes.  Trust me I needed that "coolness" for a year.

But, 2013 is over and now we have a new "color of the year"  and judging by my mother's love of it and how well she pulls it off (having red hair also), I just may grow to love Radiant Orchid. Certainly I can get away with a little pop, right?

Photo Credit:  http://www.thebrideseyeview.com/

See, here's the thing about Orchid -- it's not just one color, which makes it fabulous for me. Just look -- you can you choose a million colors that all fit into the umbrella.  Nice, right?


Amethyst Pendant Necklace, Butterfly Necklace, Swarovski Crystal, February Birthstone 



Amethyst Necklace, February Birthstone, Orchid, Minimalist, 


Lilac Swarovski Crystal Heart Pendant Necklace, 14k Golf Filled, Orchid, Lavendar, Purple, Valantines Day



See -- they're all a form of radiant orchid.

Want to add some color, but not commit to jewelry?  Check out Sparrow and Joy -- she makes the most darling clutches, wallets and handbags.  She also made me a key-holder when my car key broke. Genius.

Here is an example of her work -- in another hot spring color: Sand.

Padded Zipper Pouch or Gadget Case - Butterfly Study

Check out the entire Spring Color line here:
Pantone Spring Fashion Colors, 2014


No comments: